Market Data Development Engineer - Budapest,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Software and derived data developer. Member of market and derived data development team. (DMXIT)
- Will be responsible for project-based initiatives, data acquisition, derivation, and publication.
- Will be expected to design, test, consult, and deploy production software in the DMX market data environment.
- Expected to interface with corporate technology, DCS, Analytics Products, Research and Operations groups.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related Sciences/Technology field.
- 5 years’ experience in relevant subject matter, architecture, and software development.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail.
- Programming Languages: Perl with a solid knowledge of Perl DBD packages and Object Oriented Perl programming, C/C++, familiarity with Oracle: OTL, Pro*C, SQL*Net, Python, Bash.
- Basic Linux Systems Administration Skills: Primary environment RHEL. Candidates should be comfortable at the command line.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent project management skills and attention to deadlines and commitments.
- Background in CA Autosys Job Management framework a plus.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.