Senior Scala Developer - Budapest,
For more than 40 years, MSCI's research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world's leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI is looking for experienced Java professionals to join the global development team working on MSCI's next generation Analytics platform. The candidate will be part of a team responsible for building a rich modern UI using JavaFX and the Scala development language. We are looking for seasoned professionals with extensive background in Java, Scala and UI technologies. Individuals with no Scala experience who are willing to embark on a new journey will be trained by our experienced engineers.The UI team is entirely based in Budapest, and works with the other project teams in London, New York, Berkeley and Budapest. The project is run using the Agile methodology, with individual teams organized in Scrums that roll up into a Scrum of Scrums using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Working on innovative financial applications utilizing the latest UI technologies.
- Working on implementations adhering to product specifications, functionality and underlying analytics Interacting with project leads, QA and management Designing and implementing core functionalities to lead the next generation application Liaising with members of the global team involved in the project.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with the Java or Scala programming languages.
- Good understanding of object oriented programming and design.
- Understanding of test driven development.
- Strong problem solving and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- Fluency in English.
- Nice to have: Experience with the Scala programming language.
- Experience with JavaFX or Swing Understanding the functional programming paradigm Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of finance/equity and financial data, or the desire to study these areas.
- Experience working as part of a global development organization.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.