Information Security Operator - Budapest,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI is seeking a sharp, enthusiastic, hands-on security operations team member. This role is within the Information Security Operations team and reports to the VP Information Security Operations.
Information Security operators will provide critical management and reporting services on a variety of Information Security platforms. This includes: configuration, tool creation (scripts, procedures, and templates), defining reports, and recommending best practices and procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity to design, develop, and deploy key information security monitors, tools, and controls across the enterprise.
- Hands-on performing the security operational activities.
- Hands-on performing threat and malware analysis
- Performing DLP incidents review and monitoring.
- Developing procedures, methods, reports, and scripts to facilitate the monitoring and measurement of enterprise-wide IT security solutions
- Pro-active follow up on potential security risks and incidents
- Configuring and monitoring of security infrastructure
- Vulnerability scanning and reporting
- Monitoring of various log sources and identifying risks and issues
- Creating event log dashboards, reports and alerts
- Contributing to the overall IT security architecture
- We’re looking for a technically savvy individual who can conceptualize and clearly communicate, work independently in shifts (24*7) operations and in a small team environment. This is a great opportunity to participate in a growing IT security environment.
Desired experience and qualification:
The successful candidate will have 1-2 years of practical experience in some or all of the technologies listed below:
- Intrusion detection systems
- Security incident / event management systems
- Firewall rule base management tools
- Firewall rule base audit tools
- Anti-virus or anti-malware technologies
- Log analysis software
- Internet proxy servers
- Compliance archival solutions
- Various operating systems (e.g. Windows and Linux)
- Basic scripting capabilities are an advantage
- Possess a high level overview of risk-intelligence and security awareness
- Be capable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- End point security
- Encryption technology
- Have a good and relevant IT degree
- Database Security
In addition, the ideal candidate will also have some experience or understanding in some of the following:
- Linux event flows and collection (i.e. Syslog, SNMP traps, etc.)
- Hands-on working knowledge on DLP tools (Web-sense ,Symantec, etc).
- Network security (Firewalls, proxies, DNS, IDPS, switching/routing, encryption, etc)
- Web technology and security of web-based services & applications
- Firewall Rules and rule analysis (i.e., using tools such as Algosec)
- Vulnerability assessment appliances (i.e. Qualys, Rapid7)
- Compliance archiving solutions (e.g. Symantec Enterprise Vault)
- An understanding of windows security, events, and administration a plus
- Database systems security (Sybase, DB2, Oracle, MS-SQL) a plus
- Server Virtualization (Citrix)
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.