Financial Analyst - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Support the Corporate FP&A by providing both proactive and reactive financial insight, analysis and perspective
- Develop and generate financial reports, both routine and ad-hoc.
- Summarize conclusions from financial analysis on a pro-active basis and provide key takeaways to business units, corporate finance, and senior management.
- Prepare business plans, including annual operating plans, periodic forecasts, strategic plans, and product introduction financial plans.
- Create and translate operating plans and forecasts into financial plans and projections to ensure that the organization achieves its financial targets.
- Provide timely explanations of variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets.
- Assist in the preparation and explanation of the P&L to management.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Strong finance experience in a professional business environment is ideal.
- Prefer accounting/FPA experience gained in both the public and private sectors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated proficiency in providing accurate and detailed financial analysis in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated internal customer service skill.
- Proactive individual who should take initiative with an analytical bent of mind.
- Minimum 7-9 years. Team handling experience required.
- CA or MBA finance
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.