Corporate Governance Data Operations - Vice President
The Corporate Governance team is part of MSCI’s ESG business. Members of this team would be involved in researching the audit practices, board structures, executive remuneration, shareholder rights, culture and other salient features, which would assess the health of the Corporate Governance structure of the companies covered by MSCI. The Vice President of this team shall be primarily responsible for creating, evaluating and setting up production processes for governance data (collecting and analyzing corporate governance information from issuer filings, press releases, company websites and news reports). The position will be responsible for managing these processes, analyst teams and ensuring the quality of data which will support various ESG products and services.
Scope of Responsibility
The Vice President position is responsible to:
- Create, implement, evaluate and continuously improve processes for governance data collection
- Develop and maintain methodology and procedures manuals for data collection;
- Analyze performance metrics (timeliness, efficiency, quality, controls) and implement opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Research, recommend, and implement technology and content opportunities to improve product quality and operational efficiencies.
- Manage a team of analysts and associates based in Manila as follows:
- Handle recruitment and selection of new staff;
- Undertake performance reviews and regular appraisals to ensure that each team member works towards clearly defined and accepted personal goals.
- Manage the overall workflow and ensure timely delivery of data profiles in accordance with established production schedules
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on processed information for the high profile companies using acceptable methods, techniques and sources
- Work with other teams within MSCI ESG in support of planned product enhancements and extensions
- Be involved in strategic discussions about scaling up operations, process changes, business priorities, client expectations etc
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics to identify potential data issues and resolutions and perform root cause analysis if issues with the data are identified
- Good judgment in assessing available information and understanding the downstream effects of data decisions on final product outputs.
- Effectiveness in working with cross-functional and multi-national teams.
- Ability to develop and enhance production processes and analyst teams across geographies.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with clear attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, independent, results-oriented, and possesses a strong sense of ownership.
A minimum of 7 years relevant working experience (i.e., library / database research, etc.) in a high-quality process and production -driven environment, with at least 3-4 years’ experience in leading a team. Prior knowledge of corporate governance and/or financial markets is key.
At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, or similar field of study. A post-graduate degree is a plus.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.