Corporate Events Analyst - Monterrey, NLE
Corporate Events Associate for the Americas region.
The Corporate Events Team manages the ongoing event-related changes to the indexes resulting from M&As, spin-offs, capital raisings and other corporate actions, which affect the weight of index constituents. Depending on the nature of the event there may be changes in index composition, weight, market capitalization, country classification, style and industry classification.
The team is responsible for timely identification, analysis, communication and implementation of events related changes in order to maintain the Equity Indexes accurate.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- Ensure timely identification, accurate interpretation and appropriate implementation of events identified above based on the MSCI Corporate Events methodology book.
- Attend morning meetings to present your corporate events to the Americas team.
- Decides on corporate event implementation and present large corporate events to decision-making Committees.
- Answer client's query related to methodology and events related changes implementation.
- In the mid-term involvement in internal projects related to new Index developments, methodology enhancements, new tools, quality metrics etc...
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Background in Finance related to capital markets
- Attention to detail is critical
- Flexibility in working hours
- Excellent communication skills in English, Spanish/Portuguese languages would be an asset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively work with diverse cultures in a global team
- Highly motivated, dynamic, hardworking and eager to succeed
- Independent worker as well as good team player with a strong sense of ownership
- 1-2 years in a role related to capital markets in Banks, Funds, audit/consulting and or insurances companies.
- Bachelor (or more) in Finance, Economics or MBA with strong orientation towards Finance is desirable
- CFA, FRM certificates are a plus
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.