Application Management Engineer - Budapest,
MSCI is immediately seeking an Application Engineer to join our Application Management team. The mission of our Application Management team is to execute releases and provide tools/processes for MSCI’s high-availability production systems for first-rate clientele including many of the world’s central banks, leading financial institutions, hedge funds, and corporations.
- Plan, document and deploy financial software applications to our ASP on Windows and Unix/Linux based systems.
- Manage system\software configurations and troubleshoot environment issues.
- Manage production hardware and software resources including coordinating maintenance and outages with infrastructure group.
- Collaborate with development and software testing teams throughout the release process.
- Analyze release and deployment processes to identify key areas for automation and optimization.
- Identify opportunities for optimizing system performance through changes in configuration or suggestions for development.
- Provide second level product technical support as point of escalation for our Operations team.
- Weekend and evening hours required on rotational basis.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or other similar concentration or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in release management/system administration or other similar technical field.
- Good working knowledge of Unix or Windows Administration.
- Strong Scripting skills.
- Database experience a plus – Oracle/MSSQL skills.
- Proven Network/Application troubleshooting
- Apache/Tomcat/Web Services experience is a plus
- Software management/development experience is a plus(Java, XML preferred)
- Fluent English.
- Experience working in a global, remotely distributed team.
- Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting and analytical skills required.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently and within a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience or interest in Finance a plus.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.