Client Service Specialist - Toronto, ON
We are currently seeking an experienced Analytics Client Service Specialist to join our Client Coverage organization in Toronto. The MSCI Global Client Service team is composed of experienced financial professionals that provide first tier support for our clients around the world. Team members are responsible for responding to a wide variety of methodology, usage, interpretational, and technical questions on both analytical and benchmark products. Client contact is primarily via telephone and email, but occasional travel may be required for on-site presentations or trainings. Client Service Specialists work closely with account managers and consultants to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodology
- Participate in developing client relationships through proactive follow up on issues raised by clients
- Analyze market performance and data for our clients on a reactive and a pro-active basis
- Maintain relationships by ensuring relevant product and model information is shared with clients
- Provide client feedback to the Coverage, Product Management, Research and Data groups
- Keep up with current events and trends in the market place
- Strong analytic, quantitative, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding of financial topics which should include some of the following: Modern Portfolio Theory, Equity and Portfolio Construction, Optimization, Cap Asset pricing models, Multi Factor Risk Models, Market Risk, Credit Risk and VAR
- Deep understanding of international financial institutions and global financial markets
- Proactive and highly motivated, track record of challenging self and others to anticipate future trends and creatively capitalize on opportunities
- Ability to develop value-added contributions to both internal and external clients
- Excellent communication skills, ability to articulate complicated concepts or methodologies verbally and in writing to senior management and clients
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight, short-term deadlines
- Dynamic, track record of excelling in an environment of ambiguity by quickly adapting behavior and work methods to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Teamwork, ability to work efficiently with diverse cultures on a global team and knowing when to involve appropriate colleagues in projects regardless of function or location
- 5-7 years’ experience in Financial Services
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, or other quantitative fields required.
- MFE, MBA, Master’s Degree and/or CFA , or equivalent highly desired
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.