Application Management Engineer - Norman, OK
MSCI is immediately seeking an Application Engineer to join our Application Management team. The mission of our Application Management team is to execute releases and provide tools/processes for MSCI’s high-availability production systems for first-rate clientele including many of the world’s central banks, leading financial institutions, hedge funds, and corporations.
Scope of Responsibility
- Plan, document and deploy financial software applications to our ASP on Windows and Unix/Linux based systems.
- Manage system\software configurations and troubleshoot environment issues.
- Manage production hardware and software resources including coordinating maintenance and outages with infrastructure group.
- Collaborate with development and software testing teams throughout the release process.
- Analyze release and deployment processes to identify key areas for automation and optimization.
- Identify opportunities for optimizing system performance through changes in configuration or suggestions for development.
- Provide second level product technical support as point of escalation for our Operations team.
- Weekend and evening hours required on rotational basis.
- Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting and analytical skills required
- Ability to self-manage and work independently and within a team
- Good working knowledge of Unix & Windows Administration
- Strong Scripting skills
- Database experience a plus – Oracle/MSSQL skills
- Software management/development (Java, XML preferred)
- Proven Network/Application troubleshooting
- Apache/Tomcat/Web Services experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience or interest in Finance a plus
- 4+ years’ experience in release management/system administration or other similar technical field.
- Experience working in a global, remotely distributed team.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, engineering or other similar concentration or equivalent experience.
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research.
Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research.
MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.