Manager - Market Risk Specialist
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Managed Services Reporting (MSR) team is responsible for MSCI clients’ outsourced operations across multiple product lines. This mainly includes but is not limited to end-to-end workflows for risk analytics clients that consist of holdings and positions upload, data reconciliation, analytic content QC and production of risk reports. The team is global based with locations in Mumbai and Monterrey (Mexico), Budapest, Tokyo and New York. Individuals within MSR have diverse range of expertise in fields such as quantitative finance, data, process engineering and technology.
Scope of Responsibility
- Manage a team of 15+ MSR professionals in MSCI Mumbai office. Responsible for capacity planning, talent management and development
- Overseeing Mumbai based managed service delivery. Identify, track and resolve operational issues and ensure performance expectations are tracked and managed
- Designing, implementing and managing Key Performance Indicators and utilizing those to derive actionable business insight with management
- Actively engage with global stakeholders to communicate any systematic operational issues, produce root cause analysis and coordinate the resolution of the same
- Establish and enforce standard procedures for client onboarding and maintenance in accordance with MSR best practices
- Managing project specific deliverables and activities performed by the team. This includes managing all resources assigned to projects to achieve project goals and satisfy customers.
- Experience in market risk across asset classes, including private assets and OTC instruments.
- Sound knowledge of risk and statistics such as VaR, duration, stress testing etc.
- Advanced desktop technology skills with experience using multi-asset portfolio risk tools
- Demonstrated experience assessing, developing and mentoring analysts for career growth and performance
- Proven experience establishing guidelines and standards for work performance
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and present to peers and leadership team
- Desired Experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in investment industry with a focus in risk, operations or system implementation; with minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as a manager/team lead.
- Prior experience working in a global financial institution that requires collaboration across locations and time zones
- Work or educational background in US or other developed markets is a plus
- Degree in Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or related disciplines.
- Post graduate degree or industry certifications like CFA/FRM strongly preferred
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.