Quant Researcher - Equity Models
MSCI is looking for an exceptional individual to join the Equity Risk Modeling Research Team, which is responsible for designing and developing portfolio analytics, including equity risk models. We seek a quantitative researcher who has an established and proven research track-record to help craft and implement risk model research agenda.
The successful candidate is a highly motivated individual with strong quantitative and problem solving skills as well as a deep interest in empirical research. Critical thinking, curiosity and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Build expertise in Barra fundamental equity risk models
- Assume responsibility for full model research cycle from envisioning to implementation, evaluation, and support
- Study global and regional equity markets and quantitative investment strategies
- Identify sources of risk and return in equity markets
- Drive innovation in risk model methodology research
- Perform extensive back-testing of existing and new risk models and investment strategies
- Present research results internally and externally
- Contribute to development of equity research modeling platform code base
- Follow and promote good coding practices
Special Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong working knowledge of linear algebra and statistics
- Excellent computer programming skills
- Self-reliance, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking, curiosity and good communication skills.
- Experience designing, implementing and testing quantitative models
- Experience with Matlab or analogs, SQL, object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with financial data, interest in and understanding of equity markets
- Ph.D. or advanced degree in Finance, Operations Research, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or another quantitative discipline.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.