Sales Specialist - New York, NY
Vice President - Analytics Coverage - Asset Managers - Sales Specialist
This is a sales role that carries a gross new revenue target. We expect this person to be able to understand the range of services the firm has to offer, understand the uses cases we serve and the value proposition we offer. This person should be familiar with financial institutions within this segment, be able to connect with senior level decision makers and develop a strong pipeline.
- Solid understanding of asset management organizations including sources of revenue and regulations effecting their business
- Detailed understanding of risk measurement techniques like factor analysis, sensitivities, value at risk, and stress testing
- Detailed understanding of factor construction and factor decomposition
- Ability to understand how information services are delivered within the context of an application architecture
- Experience selling portfolio management and risk management analytics.
- CFA/ FRM qualifications will be valuable to have
- Researching the territory to identify potential new clients
- Pro-active outreach to prospective clients with the goal of setting up meetings
- Pre-sales process management
- Set-up and participate in prospective client product demonstrations
- New product placement support
- Regular communication with USA-based Client Coverage team
- Pre-sales analysis, market analysis, competitor research.
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
- Work with other departments (Product Management, Marketing, Finance, etc.) to ensure that all client requirements are covered in product demonstrations
- This position may require occasional travel for client meetings
Specific Knowledge and skills:
- Sales Specialists require a deep understanding of the institutional asset management business, including fundamental and quantitative investment strategies
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Ability to develop dialogue with existing and prospective clients
- 7-10 years of experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Experience in a sales development role including territory research, prospect identification and lead follow up
- Direct prospect outreach experience (cold calls and email) preferred
- MBA, MFE, Master's Degree and/or CFA charter holder is a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.