For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
MSCI is seeking an associate level Solutions Engineer as part of our Global Solutions Management team. As a member of our team, this candidate will be responsible for all aspects of client report development from the specification and design process to final implementation and testing. The Solutions Engineer will work with Implementation Managers and Consultants across all our regions, EMEA, Asia, and Americas; and market segments, including banks and brokerages, hedge funds, asset managers, wealth managers and pension plans. The Solutions Engineer interacts closely with internal organizations and customers to deliver value to the client implementation, while also working closely with our product development teams on extensions to the standard product offering.
The ideal candidate should therefore be attracted to work in a global team and have acquired strong technical skills with a basic knowledge of financial risk management methods. The candidate should also be productive and creative with an ability to thrive in a global organization.
- Develop extensive knowledge of MSCI products and tools.
- Interpret customer requirements and consultant report specifications.
- Develop PDF and Excel report templates with iterative client feedback. Enhance existing templates and develop new product lines.
- Participate in an evolving and diverse global team.
- Be willing to travel abroad for training or for client meetings.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- At least 3 years’ experience with business system development/ implementation experience and a good understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably with Investment banking focus
- Programming experience in Java.
- Experience with XML and Unix Shell scripting.
- Familiar with Autosys and version control.
- Risk Management background is a plus.
- Fluent English, written and oral, is a must.
- Ideal candidate would be an Engineering grad., who has taken FRM or similar Risk Management certification/courses.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.