Technology Services Project Manager - Budapest, 06
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
As a Technology Project Manager you will be responsible for managing the full project life-cycle from Initiation / Envisioning through Development, Stabilization (Test / QA) and Deployment. You will work within MSCI's PPMO (Portfolio and Project Management Office) and manage projects assigned to support Executive Owners within the Technology and Data Services Organization. Working with an established team of infrastructure engineers, you will be responsible for the successful management and delivery of all aspects of complex Infrastructure projects which span multiple offices, geographic locations and functional areas. You will work with all stakeholders to:
1. Ensure the technical feasibility of new projects and determine priorities
2. Define and agree operational scope and objectives
3. Ensure alignment of resources with priorities
- Solid understanding of infrastructure technologies (e.g. storage, compute, network, security, services)
- Application development knowledge, experience managing software and integrating infrastructure change with development projects
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills and can apply them to complex situations
- Demonstrates solid Client and Vendor management skills
- Leverages interpersonal skills to direct and manage solutions and coordinate with Client demands
- Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically, demonstrates high integrity standards
- Excels in negotiation skills / techniques with internal delivery teams or vendors to manage work execution
- Ability to effectively organize and delegate work to multi-disciplined teams (staff and vendors)
- Ability to manage key deliverable that align to project strategy and manage execution of tasks
- Experience developing staff and vendor relationships to create a productive environment
- Motivate working teams to use appropriate tools and techniques in order to increase commitment and increase certainty in meeting work and critical path obligations
- Establish alliances with other functional teams by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to program
- Ability to exercise rigor and control to drive multiple concurrent projects, negotiate resource changes and drive consensus
- 8+ years of Project Management experience
- PMP or Prince Certifications
- Experience in directing project teams to complete required tasks and activities
- Proven track record and ability to manage technology infrastructure projects (e.g. storage, compute, network, security, services)
- Experience working in the Financial Services industry
- Financial management - ability to manage project budgets and prepare business cases
- Experience or exposure to Service Level Agreements (SLA's) and managing performance against SLA's
- Self-driven and motivated with the ability to be productive without significant supervision
- Experience in developing and managing to Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Fluency in English
- Solid communication skills in written and oral form
- Willingness to work in global environment
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.