Analyst - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI's Model Engineering Team is searching for a Associate in Mumbai. This individual should be a highly motivated software developer that thrives when faced with varied technology challenges. The role will be for enhancing a platform ecosystem that supports the daily operations of sensitive and challenging applications that many other teams rely on. They would be joining a dedicated and motivated team of local engineers and will report to the Model Engineering Lead located in Mumbai.
The developer will work with Technology and Business partners to define requirements necessary to achieve business objectives. They will build and enhance existing applications (Java, Python, MATLAB, Shell scripts, Oracle) and deploy factor modeling software components to production ensuring the highest software development standards.
The software developer would work along with the Model Engineering team to design, implement, support and document innovative solutions for the platform. The initial projects would involve rapid proficiency in MATLAB. They need to be self-organized and feel comfortable adjusting seamlessly to multiple demands and shifting priorities in an agile, fast-paced, demanding global environment.
- Strong skills in test-driven/quality oriented SDLC proven experience
- Familiarity with Linux, Python, MATLAB, Maven and common Java technologies desired
- Practical experience in handling Big Data and using Oracle or other relational databases to manage multi-Tera byte scale data
- Experience in developing distributed calculation with Spark is a significant plus
- Experience with Cloud computing(Azure, AWS), M/C learning would be a significant plus
- Analytical mindset
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English even when relating complex information
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture and achieve the proper balance between 100% accuracy and timeliness.
- 5+ years of solid software development experience is a must
- Experience on quantitative or any form of complex algorithms (including numerical methods)
- Development experience of quantitative software from within the financial industry would be a strong plus
- Advanced degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related
- Strong scientific academic background in mathematics, physics and statistics is a plus
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.