Hedge Fund Analyst - Monterrey, NLE
MSCI's Hedge Fund Transparency business collects positions from hedge funds, checks the positions for quality, and processes the positions through MSCI risk analytics. The result is to provide hedge fund investors with risk analyses based on positions without exposing the position level detail.
- Increase the number of hedge funds covered in our hedge fund transparency business.
- Communicate with data provider to identify the appropriate data content and format.
- Evaluate the completeness and accuracy of the input data with guidance from the New York-based MSCI team and the hedge fund manager.
- Reconcile the input data with other available data points.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of risk results derived from input data and MSCI analytics and data with guidance from the New York-based MSCI team and the hedge fund manager.
- Communicate and negotiate with all parties involved on all points above.unicate with hedge fund manager to identify the appropriate provider of their position data for a given hedge fund (e.g., hedge fund, fund administrator, prime broker, and custodian)
- Process new hedge funds for an initial period until steady state (i.e., 6 months).
- Once stable, work with the Mumbai office on the ongoing production processing of hedge funds.
- Report progress and status to management (status of funds in queue, metrics for on-boarding, etc.)
- Create and maintain a working relationship with fund administrators, prime brokers, etc.
- Handle ad-hoc requests
Specific Knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree. A degree in economics/ business/finance/engineering is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills. Fluent in English.
- Strong PC Skills a must.
- General knowledge of details related to stocks, bonds, futures, fwrds., options and other traded instruments.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Desirable knowledge of market data systems.
- CFA is a plus.
- 2-4 years
- Ability to learn fast and utilize in-house software
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.