Market Data Analyst - Budapest, 06
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI is seeking an experienced Market Data Analyst with a background in Finance, Economics or Data Science to join a highly skilled and motivated team of analysts that solves complex problems regarding all aspects of market data production including data sourcing, processing, loading, etc. Experience with financial time series or reference data is highly desirable.
- Being a member of a highly skilled and motivated team of analysts that solves complex problems regarding all aspects of market data production including data sourcing, processing, loading, analysis, etc.
- Maintaining, re-engineering and developing efficient and elegant processes to support the daily production of market data
- In collaboration with the Research and Development Group, implementing new data packages and analytics to enable clients to properly analyze new or existing financial instruments
- Becoming a financial markets expert with regard to interest rates, futures, options, equities and other financial instruments, as well as the use of market data in risk management
- Gaining in depth knowledge of various market data vendors such as Thompson Reuters
- Working with a first-rate clientele including many of the world's central banks, leading financial institutions, hedge funds and corporations
- 1-3 years of relevant analyst experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Data Science or other similar concentration
- Software - Excel, Word, R, Git (Version Control), SpotFire (data visualization)
- Experience with reference or time series data supporting risk analytics desired
- Large scale financial or reference data warehouse experience ideal
- Technical skills and programming languages a plus i.e., SQL, R, Python, C, Visual Basic, Perl, UNIX basic file administration
- Data science background
- Knowledge of data analysis languages/tools such as R, Python, Machine Learning, Spotfire
- Fluency in English
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong administrative and project management skills
- Strong interest in financial markets, products and risk management
- Ability to solve complex problems
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.