Software Support Engineer - Ann Arbor, MI
We are seeking an outstanding Software Engineer to join our ESG IT team in the Ann Arbor office. MSCI ESG Research provides in-depth research, ratings and analysis of the environmental, social and governance-related business practices of thousands of companies worldwide. The ESG IT team supports and enhances the delivery platform for ESG Research clients and the internal production platform used by more than120 analysts and researchers.
As a member of a global team, you will need to develop productive working relationships with a geographically distributed team. You will provide support and enhancement to the proprietary MSCI ESG platform. This position provides a good opportunity to work with data operation, ESG Research and application development team, and get an in-depth understanding of the ESG production cycle and requirements.
Scope of Responsibility
• Ownership of Production stability and availability
• Monitoring of Production Key Performance Issues on a regular basis
• Full Automation of build/deployment cycles with Continuous Integration
• Resolve production issues in timely manner, and implement long term solution to prevent the same from happening in future.
• Ensure smooth daily ESG data/report feeds from technology perspective.
• Enhance and support the internal production platform and the client delivery platform for the ESG Business.
• Analyze requirements, recommend and implement solutions, and assist UAT
• Closely collaborate with Product Management, Quality Assurance, Data Operation and IT Infrastructure on all stages of software development life cycle
Successful candidate is expected to spend one weekend a month on-call to help with off-hour emergencies and maintenance activities
• Understanding of private and cloud data center infrastructure.
• Relational Databases, especially Oracle.
• Source code control systems, especially Git.
• Database tools such as SQL Developer.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Communication skills required for working as part of a geographically distributed team.
• Production Enhancement/Support experience
• Experience with Splunk, Keynote, Zabbix, New Relic and other Production monitoring tools
• Good exposure to Shell scripting and Unix/Linux systems
• Good exposure to automated build and deployments
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research.
Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research.
MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.