Consultant - Tokyo,
- MSCI Analytics consultants are responsible for maintaining and growing existing client relationships for all Analytics and Risk Management products. Consultants are assigned clients within a given sales team territory, and work hand in glove with the sales team to achieve common commercial and client relationship/servicing objectives.
- The consultant pro-actively manages the client relationship and ensures a high level of client experience and satisfaction. The objective is to ensure the client fully benefits from their subscription, which is achieved by developing a high-level understanding of the client needs and creating value as a Trusted Advisor. The consultant ensures the client maximizes the value of the products they have subscribed to and identify additional products that could further benefit the client in their investment and risk management process.
- This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of an account including senior level relationship management, product demonstrations, users training and education, and client experience enhancing activities such as presenting at client workshops, seminars, and webinars. In this role, individuals will work very closely with sales, global client service, marketing, research and product management.
Scope of Responsibility:
Total relationship management involving:
- Improving the year on year retention rate by ensuring a high level of client experience and satisfaction
- Detailed account planning, including engagement with all levels of client organization
- Responsible for delivering client education and product training
- Be a subject matter expert on all aspects of our products and methodologies, and be able to answer detailed client inquiries
- Become a Trusted Advisor by applying both product and client expertise to pro-actively identify solutions/product usage that create value for the client – hence contributing directly to up-selling and cross-selling opportunities
- Provide thought-leadership by sharing best practices within the client community, and leading workshops and seminars
- Keeping abreast of latest industry trends, client needs, and product development roadmap. Working with other teams (Marketing, Sales, Research, and Product Development) to ensure company is delivering relevant products
- Extensive visit to client sites
Specific Knowledge and skills:
- Strong team skills and emotional maturity, with proven ability for independent work and self-teaching
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- Time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Superior communication skill both internally and externally to lead projects
- Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
- Familiarity with programming languages such as VBA and Matlab would be a plus
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills. We expect this individual to have 3 - 7 years in a similar role (such as quantitative research/trading), and to have a deep and thorough understanding of risk models, optimization techniques, and performance attribution.
- Strong understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets, including over-the-counter securities and derivatives and exotic securities
- Thorough understanding of the investment industry in Japan, including broker/dealers, asset management companies and pension funds.
- Bachelor’s Degree required ideally from engineering/mathematical background. Ideally MBA, or Master’s Degree in a quantitative science, i.e. Finance and/or PhD
- Professional qualifications ideally CFA charter holder or CMA
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.