Senior IT Project Manager - Budapest,
- This position is responsible for managing the full project lifecycle from Initiation/Envisioning through Development, Stabilization (Test/QA) and Deployment. IT Project Managers will work within MSCI’s PPMO (Portfolio and Project Management Office) and perform a consulting role in their assignments to support Executive Owners. Technology Executive Owners are ultimately responsible for Investment execution outcomes.
- The IT PM consults as a guide to organize work breakdown schedules and critical path in completing required tasks on a published timeline and within MSCI Governance standards.
- The successful PM will communicate with all Technology and Product stakeholders and manages all risks and issues to prompt closure.
- Additionally, the IT PM manages resources across disciplines to meet commitments and manages financial spend against approved financial targets for labor, non-labor and capital expenditures.
- IT PM’s will report to the TDS PMO Lead and is evaluated based on competency in project delivery and client satisfaction. The IT PM is responsible to the Investment Executive Owner and success is measured based on performance against stated project execution goals and objectives set by the Technology Sponsor or Executive Owner.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- BA/BS in business, finance, computer science, engineering, or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 8-15 years Project Management experience.
- Experience managing staff and directing project teams to complete requires tasks and activities.
- Proven track record and ability to manage technology projects (software development, process re-engineering, ERP or business platform implementation)
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills and can apply them to complex situations.
- Demonstrates solid Client and Vendor management skills – leverage interpersonal skills to direct and manage solutions and coordinate with Client demands.
- Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically, demonstrates high integrity standards.
- Excels in negotiation skills/techniques with internal delivery teams or vendors to manage work execution.
- Develop and implement details project plans and manage interdependencies between other projects.
- Mastery of Industry based Project Management Tools and demonstrated ability to adapt to Enterprise tools, process and workflow and IT Governance/Lifecycle management.
- Demonstrates proficiency in managing project resources across infrastructure and software teams.
- Develop and manage project milestones and reporting goals and objectives of the program to provide timely feedback on progress and highlight constraints.
- Update program status and data by ensuring the timely update and capture of program management information in order to maintain accurate progress status that will be reported to all key stakeholders.
- Manage program or project change in accordance with the change management plan to control scope, quality, schedule, cost and contracts.
- Work with Stakeholders to obtain Senior /Executive management approval for programs/projects by presenting the program charter (business case) with it high level cost and benefits for the organization in order to receive authorization to proceed through all phases.
- Ability to effectively organize and delegate work to multi-disciplined teams. (staff and vendors)
- Ability to manage key deliverable that align to project strategy and manage execution of tasks.
- Experience developing staff and vendor relationships to create a productive environment.
- Motivate working teams to use appropriate tools and techniques in order to increase commitment and increase certainty in meeting work and critical path obligations.
- Establish alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to program.
- Solid communication skills in written and oral form.
- Experience working in the Financial Services industry.
- Financial Management – ability to manage the technology operating cost and report to management.
- Experience or exposure to Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and managing performance against SLA’s.
- Self-Driven and Motivated – ability to be productive without significant supervision.
- Experience in developing and managing to Key performance Indicators.(KPI’s)
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.