Hedge Fund Analyst - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI's Hedge Fund Transparency business collects positions from hedge funds, checks the positions for quality, and processes the positions through MSCI risk analytics. The result is to provide hedge fund investors with risk analyses based on positions without exposing the position level detail
- Increase the number of hedge funds covered in our hedge fund transparency business
- Communicate with data provider to identify the appropriate data content and format
- Evaluate the completeness and accuracy of the input data with guidance from the New York-based MSCI team and the hedge fund manager
- Reconcile the input data with other available data points
- Evaluate the appropriateness of risk results derived from input data and MSCI analytics and data with guidance from the New York-based MSCI team and the hedge fund manager
- Communicate and negotiate with all parties involved on all points above.unicate with hedge fund manager to identify the appropriate provider of their position data for a given hedge fund (e.g., hedge fund, fund administrator, prime broker, custodian)
- Process new hedge funds for an initial period until steady state (i.e., 6 months)
- Once stable, work with the Mumbai office on the ongoing production processing of hedge funds
- Report progress and status to management (status of funds in queue, metrics for on-boarding, etc.)
- Create and maintain a working relationship with fund administrators, prime brokers, etc
- Handle Ad hoc requests
Desired experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree. A degree in economics/ business/finance/engineering is a plus
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills. Fluent in English
- Strong PC Skills a must
- General knowledge of details related to stocks, bonds, futures, fwrds, options and other traded instruments
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must
- Desirable knowledge of market data systems
- CFA is a plus
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Ability to learn fast and utilize in-house software
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.