Quant Research Analyst - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The MSCI Index Management Research Team is part of the MSCI Research Group and is responsible for the management and enhancements of all MSCI Indexes. This global team is currently located in New York, Geneva, Mumbai, Hong Kong and Manila.
- Managing and enhancing the MSCI Global Investable Market Indexes (“GIMI”) for the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions, including:
- Index Policy Research : Conduct research on index related topics such as investability of equity markets, industry classification and regulatory structure.
- Recommend methodology enhancements for GIMI to the equity decision committee in close consultation with leading investment management firms.
- Index Implementation and Monitoring : In coordination with other global teams, maintain and rebalance the indexes in accordance with the GIMI methodology.
- Undertake index construction and maintenance for countries in the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions, including the quarterly rebalancing of indexes, review of the structure of equity markets, the analysis and recommendation of securities for index additions and/or deletions.
- Market Accessibility and Classification Review : Monitor relevant country developments globally (e.g., equity market accessibility, regulations, political and economic developments) and recommend market accessibility rating adjustments as well as market classification (i.e., Developed Market, Emerging Market, Frontier Market) changes
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience (e.g., equity research, investment management)
- Good understanding of equity analysis and equity investment process
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, econometrics or science/engineering field
- CFA, FRM, MBA or M Sc is an advantage
- Fluency in English
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge. Good knowledge of VBA is a plus.
- Familiar with investment research and data vendors (e.g., Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset, risk and portfolio management systems)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.