Sales Support - New York, NY
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Sales Support person is a member of the Americas Client Coverage team working closely with the Senior Account Managers to increase the MSCI footprint within our largest asset manager clients (SAMs) across products [Index/Analytics/ESG/Real Estate]. This person is responsible for supporting efforts to further penetrate our key strategic relationships of the firm by performing extensive due diligence on our public and private asset manager clients. This person plays a key role in the success of the growth of our largest clients by uncovering challenges and opportunities within these accounts, by fully understanding their business models and the evolving trends within the asset manager channel. The successful candidate will be proactive, have a solid understanding of the investment process, an ability to synthesize information for analysis and application and strong time management skills given firm internal deadlines on presentation and meeting prep.
- Assist expanding MSCI footprint within SAM client base by uncovering new investment needs/challenges/opportunities
- Ongoing news/organizational changes/informational synthesis on strategic asset manager accounts for dissemination to Senior Account Managers for consumption/joint analysis
- Own updates on analyst expectations/recent stock performance for publicly traded companies
- Listening/synthesizing publically traded SAM earnings calls
- Assisting SAMs with internal/external meeting prep inclusive of background due diligence/preparing & aggregating content
- Employing LinkedIn Navigator + other tools to help build paths to “hard to reach” C-suite targets
- Coordinate with Product groups and Marketing on updating SAM talking points/key messaging
- Track key metrics related to financial growth of SAM accounts; product penetration; number of meetings with C-suite members, etc.
- Embrace the firm's commitment to the client experience
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Solid understanding of the investment process
- Two years + experience with preference within financial analysis/financial services
- Strong overall sales acumen
- Ambitious work ethic, professional disposition, detail–oriented and a passion for capital markets
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Undergraduate degree required or equivalent experience; Finance or Economics degree preferred
- Experience with Sales Force and/or CRM software, preferred
- MBA/CFA or progression to completion
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.