Client Service Risk Management Analytics Associate - Manila,
The MSCI Global Client Service team is composed of experienced financial professionals that provide remote support for our clients around the world.
Currently, the Global Client Service group is present in the following locations: San Francisco, New York, Monterrey, Toronto, London, Budapest, Mumbai, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore, Australia, Tokyo and Manila.
Team members are responsible for directly responding to a wide variety of methodology, usage, interpretational and technical questions on MSCI’s benchmark, risk and performance analytics products.
The successful candidate will be part of a 24 X 5 team catering to the inquiries of MSCI clients in the global field of finance and investment. Said candidate will handle client inquiries and requests received via email or phone that are related to the usage of MSCI’s risk management analytics application tool, RiskManager. These include but not limited to (a) account creation and maintenance in RiskManager, (b) addressing subscription and data related queries/issues, (c) screening of financial instruments/assets for coverage, (d) providing guidance to clients in the usage and navigation of RiskManager, (e) addressing system issues, (f) providing guidance to clients of the various risk methodologies and analytics of RiskManager and (g) assisting clients in the navigation of MSCI’s client support site that contains latest research materials on risk management, product features, risk models, etc.
The successful candidate will also be responsible in (a) coordinating with Global Client Service RM team for any inquiries outside those enumerated above, (b) ensuring that complex queries are routed to the appropriate global teams within specified SLA whilst keeping clients updated on the status of the query in a timely fashion, and (c) collaborating with other Client Service teams globally to help address ad hoc requests from global Sales teams.
Specific Knowledge and skills:
- 3-5 years’ relevant working experience with a bachelor degree (Math, Statistics, IT, Engineering or Finance or other related disciplines), or 1-3 years relevant working experience with a masters degree
- Strong interest in investment finance is desired
- Possesses strong analytic, quantitative, and problem solving skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must be technology savvy; previous experience in systems implementation/support and some background or experience on programming and database management are plus
- Able to work efficiently with diverse cultures on a global team and knowing when to involve appropriate colleagues in projects regardless of function or location.
- Past experience in client facing servicing capacity (via email and phone) is a plus
- Past experience in serving external financial institutional clients is a plus
- Track record of excelling in an environment of ambiguity by quickly adapting behavior and work methods to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Desired: either completed or studying a Finance related professional qualification e.g. CFA, FRM
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.