Analytics Data Production Associate - Budapest, 06
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Analytics Production team is a part of Data Content and Services organization (DCS). The team's goal is centered on providing high quality derived risk data and service to MSCI clients, focusing on BarraOne / BPM / ModelsDirect clients. In addition to baseline operations, this team is responsible for market data, factor model and infrastructure projects. In this role, candidate must work closely with Application Development, Product Management, Research and QA functions located in Berkeley, Hong Kong and Manila to ensure successful delivery of such projects. The candidate will be asked to define and drive end-to-end solutions ranging from vendor data to model production to product usage. Data projects will cut across all asset classes including equities, fixed income and alternates.
- Periodically update and conduct extensive quality assurance to our financial databases
- Perform analysis on the valuation of tradable market securities (Bonds, Equities, ETFs, Mutual Funds, etc.)
- Provide our clients with the financial market data they use to manage risk
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with emphasis on quality and accuracy
- Assist our Sales and Client Relations Group in resolving client inquiries related to our content
- Work closely with our Global Data Update teams and Global Data Vendors
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or similar
- 1-3 years of professional work experience (relevant internships will also be acknowledged)
- Experience in querying relational databases (Oracle or MS SQL)
- Excel skills and understanding of VBA, while Linux / UNIX will be a plus
- Knowledge of market data vendors, e.g. Reuters is a plus
- Fluency in English
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a result oriented, team-driven organization
- Commitment to improving the business and customer experience
- Ability to work flexible and extended hours
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.