Portfolio Risk Modelling - Monterrey, NLE
The Americas Technical Sales team contributes to the success of new sales, upsales and associated revenue generation within the MSCI Analytics segment by generating and delivering analytical output of multi-asset class portfolios during the benefits positioning stage of the sales cycle; focusing on functional positioning, product differentiation and a client driven pitch - a prerequisite to shorten the sales cycle and influence commercial negotiations.
- Analyzing client supplied portfolio/market data for single and multi-asset class investment portfolios and identification of data deficiencies/discrepancies
- Loading client portfolios in various applications and executing on standard and sophisticated methodologies for complex instrument types
- Running reconciliation reports (sensitivities, risk, scenarios, performance, optimization) to ensure that clients’ investments strategies are accurately represented in various tools and applications
- Liaising with prospective clients to understand their investment strategies and ensure that portfolios are accurately modeled within MSCI’s analytical tools
- Analyzing portfolio risk and performance, generating reports, crafting presentations, and providing commentaries to help position the benefits of MSCI tools
- Proactively implementing custom/workaround solutions to meet client use cases
- Over time, conducting application demos and presenting analytical results directly to prospects
- Supporting Proof of Concepts, Trials, and other Presales Activity and responding to prospective client queries while generating follow up analysis
- Training prospects during the trial phase on the tools & applications, methodologies and reporting - educating prospects on how they can utilize various analytics to meet their business requirements and use cases
- Familiar with different risk measures and quantitative models
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Excel including Macro/VBA experience Skills
- Experience with XML a plus
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects under tight, short-term deadlines whilst managing client expectations.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Actuarial Sciences, Engineering, Statistics, Finance or similar subject
- Post graduate qualification in Finance (M.Sc./M.B.A./P.G.D.M./Ph.D)
- 0-5 years of experience in risk management, quantitative trading or quantitative research - knowledge of credit and rate products is helpful
- Additional qualifications in CFA (US) and/or FRM would be a plus, for candidates looking for rapid career development
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.