.Net Software Engineer - Conshohocken, PA
We are seeking a Software Developer who loves to roll up his or her sleeves and be actively involved in developing high-quality software for our MSCI InvestorForce product. We are seeking a contributor and leader with the desire to work closely with the entire corporate team and who brings an energetic and team-focused approach. Process, productivity, and execution are all important, and so is a firm understanding of the intangible aspects of developing quality software and working with a highly creative and analytical engineering team. Our ideal candidate loves to code and is looking for a job where he or she will get to practice those skills every day.
- Provide hands on contributions to the production of high quality, efficient applications using a Microsoft .NET and SQL Server technology base.
- Work alongside other developers, quality assurance, database administrators and developers, and analysts within a hybrid agile planning framework.
- Coordinate with the executive team, product management, operations and client service to identify, prioritize, analyze, and implement a wide variety of development projects.
- Work with leaders in the technology group to make decisions on system architecture, including software, database, and hardware.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, engineering, science, or math or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing solutions with SQL Server 2012 or 2014, including logical and physical schema design, T-SQL coding, stored procedure development and optimization. Experience with SQL Server Analysis, Reporting, or Integration Services very beneficial.
- Experience in a range of traditional and iterative development methodologies, including agile, as well as knowledge of corresponding management and engineering practices.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing a range of design patterns and architectural models as well as software performance diagnostics and tuning.
- Experience with multi-threaded and asynchronous processing.
- Experience developing both custom solutions and software products for sale to client organizations or end users. Experience with the development of retail software and enterprise application products a huge plus, as it experience developing mobile solutions.
- Experience with systems that manage investment or accounting information, or an active outside interest in investing and the financial markets, is a definite plus.
- Experience with internationalization a plus.
- Experience with TFS deployment a plus.
- Experience with test-driven development a plus.
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research.
Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research.
MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.