Corporate Events Associate - Manila,
MSCI is a leading provider of investment decision support tools to clients worldwide, ranging from large pension plans to boutique hedge funds. We offer a range of products and services - including indexes, portfolio risk and performance analytics - through a number of internationally recognized brands such as Barra, RiskMetrics and IPD.
MSCI Equity Indexes are maintained with the objective of reflecting the evolution of the underlying equity markets on a timely basis.
The Corporate Events Team manages the ongoing corporate action-related changes to the indexes resulting from M&As, spin-offs, bankruptcies, reorganizations and other corporate actions (e.g. stock splits, rights offerings, dividends, etc.) can affect many aspects of an index and its constituents.
Depending on the nature of the corporate action there may be changes in index memberships, weights, size, style and industry classifications.
The team is responsible for timely identification, review and implementation of corporate action related changes in order to facilitate appropriate maintenance of the Equity Indexes.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Check the news, monitor corporate actions and markets, ensure accurate interpretation and timely implementation of such corporate action related changes to the MSCI Indexes for equity markets of several countries.
- Propose and present appropriate corporate action implementation and recommendation to decision-making Committees.
- Ensure that the corporate actions are properly implemented in the calculation of the indexes and are reflected in MSCI Equity products.
- Responsible to handle MSCI client queries related to corporate actions and Equity Benchmark methodology.
- Propose enhancements to the methodology, processes and applications used by the corporate events team.
- Participate in and initiate projects related to the corporate events function.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Finance, Economics or Mathematics
- 1-5 years of relevant working experience
- Strong interest in Finance, work experience in finance and capital markets preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English, another language would be an asset
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills coupled with good logical aptitude
- Ability to effectively work with diverse cultures in a global team; sensitivity and appreciation for diverse cultural norms/styles
- Highly motivated, dynamic, quick learner, hardworking and eager to succeed
- Attention to detail is critical
- Independent worker as well as good team player with a strong sense of ownership
- Flexible in working hours
The website www.msci.com provides comprehensive information on the company and its business.
Appendix V: Free Float Definition & Estimation Guidelines (Pages 107–119) &
Appendix VI: Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS) (Pages 120 –134)
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.