Quantitative Researcher / Developer - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The MSCI Core Equity Research team is part of MSCI's Global Research and Product Development team. It is a global client-centric research group with a broad mandate to conduct proprietary research and strategic product development to address investment problems and set the foundations for the future growth of MSCI. The Core Equity Research group utilizes a variety of analytical tools and methods to investigate new index ideas within equities carry out research and simulations.
The group works closely with other teams within Research and Product Development (Equity Solutions, Analytics, ESG) and across the firm (data, technology, product, coverage) to implement the research agenda and benefit from the substantial resources and expertise available within the global MSCI organization.
- The successful candidate will be a member of the team based in Mumbai and be involved in new research projects and contribute to their success from initial concept through research, development, and consultation and to production implementation.
- The candidate will have strong technical skills and support the existing tools used within the Research and Product organization such as the in house Matlab based Equity Research Platform that performs back-testing and simulations
- The candidate will also develop new tools using state of the art technologies and techniques (Python, data science, machine learning) and train, on board, support and consult others in the Research and Product Development group on these technologies.
The candidate will carry out back testing, research and analysis of equity and multi asset class strategies using historical market data and Barra factor models and portfolio construction tools.
Desired experience and qualifications
- Well-developed hands-on analytical and quantitative skills (e.g., time series and cross-sectional analysis)
- Good programming skills (Python and/or Matlab preferred)
- Knowledge of any of the following: DevoOps practices (version control systems, testing, continuous integration and delivery, containers), linuxLinux command line, system administration basics a plus
- Understanding of the equity analysis and investment process or a strong desire to learn it
- Experience in writing technical and research reports
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s/Master's Degree in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, quantitative finance or another highly quantitative subject
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.