Implementation Specialist - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Implementation Specialist works on Client Implementation Projects and are responsible for providing implementation solutions to a wide variety of reporting, methodology, regulatory, usage and technical needs.
- Consulting with clients on portfolio data modeling best practices, mastering and explaining the different input data formats and content requirements for all instrument and asset types and understanding the necessary terms and conditions required to describe the holdings in the client’s portfolio
- Confirming data coverage for the securities and benchmarks that a client wishes to model, including analyzing the requirements and working with internal teams responsible for maintaining our datasets
- Advising clients on our best practice for applying proxy information properly and to map portfolio holdings to appropriate risk factor data sets, including understanding how modeling and mapping configuration choices affect the risk results delivered in our reports
- Assisting clients with data conformance and validation testing, especially checking input files for proper formatting and appropriate content for modeling and using processing logs to analyze the portfolio for accuracy and completeness
- Performing workflow analysis to ensure proper set up of client configuration files with proper rules for terms and conditions enrichment of portfolio data
- Assisting clients with report design and development, applying foundation understanding of analytic and reporting features in our products and of rules and methods for transforming and integrating risk analytical results into our standard reporting services
- Directly assist global clients via phone and email by providing solutions to integrate our products with their systems
- Providing initial levels of training on the usage of our products
- Act as a liaison and source of feedback directly to Sales & Consultants, Research, Product Management, Finance and Product Delivery groups
- Helping the Sales team in determining the Implementation needs of the client and required contractual agreements
Desired experience and qualifications
- Experience in client-facing role in the financial services industry
- Experience working at client locations is a plus
- Candidates with current positions in risk/performance Implementation Projects will be preferably considered
- Experience with financial Risk or Portfolio Management systems
- Experience with XML
- Good understanding of Object Oriented programming
- Good understanding of financial products is required: equities, fixed income, derivative products and financial risk management (market risk)
Understanding of portfolio management theory and risk management techniques
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational and time management skills
- Self-reliant, detail-oriented and a fast learner
- Excellent in team work and collaboration
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of information technologies is preferred
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics or similar subject
- Post graduate qualification in Finance (M.Sc./M.B.A./P.G.D.M.), CFA, FRM, PRM etc. is beneficial
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.