Project Manager - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Index Project Manager at MSCI is responsible for organizing and driving the successful implementation of MSCI’s Index business key client-driven and strategic projects. The goal is to ensure the delivery of every project on time, within budget and within scope.
The Index Project Manager manages projects across multi-disciplinary teams, such as Research, Product Management, Operations and IT.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a strong entreuprenarial mindset, be resourceful and act as the main catalyzer of project success, whilste protecting the primary value and objective(s) of a project.
A successful candidate must also demonstrate Business Analysis and problem solving skills, along with knowledge of the Financial Services industry and a determination to aquire content expertize in the various MSCI’s Index business domains.
The Index Business Project Manager will work within MSCI’s Index PPMO (Portfolio and Project Management Office) and will manage several projects in parallel, along with helping to publish and develop ongoing PPMO reports.
Project management knowledge and practice in the following areas of the PMBOK is an asset: Scope, Schedule, Time, Cost, Quality, Communications, Risk, and Data Procurement.
- Responsible of the successful delivery of the project, managing the full project lifecycle from Initiation/Envisioning through Development, Stabilization (Test/QA) and Deployment.
- Conduct the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of projects
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress; manage interdependencies with other projects
- Manage and communicate changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques. Establish project oversight and facilitate regular updates and identify key issues/risks and important decisions to the Project Steering Team needs to make.
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation following high quality standards
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The ideal candidate must have at least +5 years of professional experience as a project manager and a total of +8 years professional experience (in any of the domains: project management; finance; product management; information technology)
- Experience directing projects and teams to complete requires tasks and activities
- Experience in the Financial Services industry
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Very good educational background, a University Undergraduate or Master’s Degree, preferably in the fields of business administration or engineering
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Ability to motivate and drive teams in a challenging environment
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment with demanding requirements
- Is self-driven and motivated – has the ability to be productive without minimum supervision
- Inspires loyalty and trust, demonstrates high integrity standards
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Mastery of Industry based Project Management best practices and demonstrated ability to adapt to Enterprise tools, process and workflow
- Ability to develop and manage project milestones and reporting goals and objectives to provide timely feedback on progress and highlight constraints
- Proficiency in managing project resources across multi-disciplinary teams, in particular Business, Operations and IT
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.