Professional Services Procurement Senior Associate - Budapest, 06
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
This position will play a key supporting role as we expand Procurement's spend under management into indirect spend of Professional Services across the company. The Senior Associate will be responsible for supporting sourcing and vendor management activities for this category including contingent labor and consulting for Technology, Legal, Finance, Tax and Marketing. This is a dynamic and fast paced environment requiring someone who can adapt quickly and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Provide sourcing support and assistance to the category lead in order to execute the strategy related specifically to professional services which includes consulting and staff augmentation
- Help ensure alignment with category plan and consistency in supplier engagements
- Work closely with cross functional colleagues to help implement a formal Procure to Pay process in SAP
- Issue purchase requisitions and POs and develop expertise in all Procure to Pay activity to help manage the process
- Work with Accounts Payable and Suppliers to help resolve invoice issues
- Work with internal teams to ensure that procedures for onboarding and offboarding contingent worker resources are consistent with MSCI policies
- Work with Talent Acquisition and HR Operations team to execute Task Orders and initiate accurate onboarding of contingent worker resources
- Coordinate and process extensions including executing appropriate Task Orders
- Ensure Workday data for contingent workers is accurate by consistently following procedures and performing routine quality checks
- Complete project tasks related to the Procure to Pay process
- Create strong partnership with Finance team; leverage this partnership to develop cross-functional training initiatives and end-to-end process improvements
- Provide documentation and guidance regarding procurement support-related processes, procedures and applications
- Help enforce adherence to global, regional or local standards, where applicable
- Look for and recommend opportunities to reduce costs through consolidation of services, contract renegotiations, termination of unneeded service, etc.
- Prepare comprehensive cost comparison analyses
- Continuously seek opportunities to better leverage MSCI’s spend to deliver more value and higher levels of service
- Proactively propose ideas, or reactively support the evaluation of ideas that provide better service at lower cost
- Support the Finance group with budget preparation, monthly variance analysis of actual vs. budget, forecasting, and accruals
- Work closely with other departments globally (IT team, Accounts Payable team, IT Finance, Legal and Corporate Services team)
- Take part in global projects
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressive procurement, sourcing and/or vendor management experience - candidates with exposure to temporary staffing process and/or professional services procurement category will be given priority
- Experience with a P2P system is highly desired
- Familiarity with the full sourcing life cycle
- Fluent business English is essential
- Strong Excel, MS Office applications
- Customer service focus
- Must have the ability to think analytically
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.