Analyst - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
We are currently seeking Analyst positions to join our Managed Services organization in Mumbai. This position is best suited for a results-driven, self-starter with a strong work ethic and interest in the Investment Finance field. You will have a unique opportunity to work with a cross-functional global team, build professional connections, and learn the business model and the intricacies of this industry.
- Ensure complete upload of client portfolios into MSCI's proprietary Risk Management products, namely Barra One and Risk Manager.
- Generate reconciliation and QA reports post upload of client portfolios and carry our preliminary checks for correctness of the data upload
- Support the MS team in their day-to-day tasks for ensuring quality and timeliness of their regular deliverables
- Leverage their IT skills, mainly VBA and EXCEL, to come up with automated solutions to optimize client-specific workflows.
Gradually gain a deep understanding of risk and performance analytics methodologies.
- Understand the analytics behind different MSCI products and learn in and out of the products.
- Expected to work in different time-shifts ( ASIA-PAC,EMEA)
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Graduation date: not earlier than June 2017.
- Good English Communication Skills.
- Exposure to MS-Excel, VBA Programming will be an added plus
A self-starter and highly motivated individual, with the ability to work individually and within a team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight, short-term deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently with diverse cultures on a global team.
Basic understanding of international financial institutions and global financial markets.
- Working time would be strictly EMEA hours ( 12:30 pm to 9:30 pm April to September and 1:30 pm to 10:30 pm October to March)
- 0-2 years of experience, preferably in an operations role in an I-Bank or one of the leading KPOs in the country.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.