RFP Specialist - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Global RFP team contributes to the success of sales and associated revenue generation through responding to RFP’s, RFI’s, Risk Management Market Surveys and Vendor Questionnaires for MSCI’s Index business segment. The RFP team manages the entire RFP process: provides consistently high quality responses and acts as a single point of coordination across internal functions and groups.
MSCI indexing offers a modern, seamless and fully integrated approach to measuring the full equity opportunity set, with no gaps or overlaps. At the core is MSCI's index methodology, which provides consistent treatment across all markets and ensures best practices in investability, replicability and cost efficiency. Our Indexes are used in many areas of the investment process, including index-linked product creation and performance benchmarking, as well as portfolio construction and rebalancing, and asset allocation.
- Liaising with sales and product management to understand specific client requirements and the corresponding product pitch /positioning message
- Providing high quality responses that are relevant to the requirements and instructions specified in the RFP issued by the client
- Managing the RFP project by assessing and arranging for resources, determining the project schedule, communicating progress and challenges with key stakeholders and implementing quality checks to final submission document
- Developing a global mindset and establishing good working relationships across multiple teams and locations - Product Management, Custom Research, Legal and Finance teams for accurate and up-to-date representation of facts in RFPs
- Contributing to creation of high quality proposals by updating database with new information – new product release documents/new responses created / other firm wide developments
- Continually enhancing one’s own knowledge on the evolving Index methodology and new index developments
- Being able to present information convincingly and credibly
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Strong Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Economics or similar subject
- Post graduate qualification in Finance (M.Sc./M.B.A./P.G.D.M.)
Good understanding of capital markets
- Good exposure to technology domain, familiar with Information Security concepts/ BCP practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight, short-term deadlines whilst meeting client expectations
- 2-4 years of work experience
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.