Software Engineer - Monterrey, NLE
We are searching for a highly motivated, hardworking and eager to succeed individual. This position is for an Associate in the Model Engineering Team and is to be based at the MSCI office in Monterrey, Mexico. The role will be focused on working closely with the Factor Modeling Research domain working primarily in Matlab. They would be joining a dedicated and motivated team of local and global engineers. The Software Engineer role is responsible for designing and developing portfolio analytics including, but not limited to, equity, fixed income and multi-asset class financial risk modeling analytics. This individual works with Data, Business Analysts, Technology, Research and Product Managers to deliver value add Factor Model Content and Applications. They are familiar with quantitative engineering and will work with Technology, Research and Business partners to define requirements necessary to achieve business objectives. They will build and enhance existing applications (Shell scripts, Matlab, Oracle and Java) and deploy factor modeling software components to production ensuring the highest software development standards.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Software Engineer would work along with the Model Engineering team to design, implement, support and document innovative solutions for the factor analytics model platform. They need to be strong in quantitative skills, be self-organized and feel comfortable adjusting seamlessly to multiple demands and shifting priorities in an agile, fast-paced, demanding global environment. They will be expected to drive innovation across the platform ecosystem and assume responsibilities along the full research cycle from envisioning to implementation, evaluation and support. This position is optimal for those who enjoy challenges.
- Advance programming skills in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python, Shell scripting, Matlab, Scala or any object oriented language
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills a must (algorithms, data structures, and statistics)
- Strong skills in test-driven/quality oriented SDLC proven experience
- Practical experience with large relational databases, preferably Oracle, to manage multi-Terabyte scale data
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Adaptability to change in programming languages and technologies
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture and achieve the proper balance between 100% accuracy and timeliness
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English even when relating complex information
- 3+ years of solid software development experience
- Experience with Agile methodology preferred
- Development experience of quantitative software from within the financial industry would be a strong plus
- Familiarity with BigData technologies, Git, cloud solutions is desired
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Strong scientific academic background in mathematics, physics and statistics is a plus
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.