Senior Java Software Engineer - Budapest,
- Lead the design, development, and timely delivery of Common Platform projects and features using Java technologies.
- Bring innovative software engineering expertise to enhance Common Platform performance, reliability, functional and load scalability.
- Collaborate with geographically distributed team of highly skilled and motivated individuals on implementation of platform and application tasks.
- Closely collaborate with Product Management, Quality Assurance, Data Operation and IT Infrastructure on all stages of software development life cycle.
- Actively participate in upcoming software integration across multiple software product units.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent; M.S. in Computer Science preferred.
- Must have extensive experience in java server-side development including messaging middleware, and service-oriented architecture.
- Have solid expertise with Java server side technologies J2EE such as Java Servlets, RMI, JMS and distributed batch processing systems.
- Have experience with Spring Framework – Dependency Injection, Remoting, and Messaging.
- Have basic SQL and general knowledge of TCP/IP; troubleshooting skills.
- Have strong experience in end-to-end software development life cycle and post-launch production support.
- Experience with iterative software development life-cycle methodologies and frameworks such as Agile, SCRUM, and Test-Driven Development.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Desire to work as part of geographically distributed software development team.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, be a good team player.
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, multi-tasking development environment.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.