Vice President Accounting - Budapest, 06
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Vice President Accounting - Subscription Revenue will be responsible for ensuring that revenue is closed according to the month end calendar and in accordance with revenue recognition rules under US GAAP.
- Ensure that revenue is recorded timely and in accordance with US GAAP
- Communicate and coordinate with upstream operational groups (Sales, Billing etc.) to research revenue recognition issues
- Review of monthly accrual to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Preparation and review of revenue amortization journal entries as well as other manual adjusting / re-class entries
- Revenue analytics (MoM, QoQ, YoY, actual vs. run rate, actual vs. budget etc.)
- Revenue related balance sheet reconciliations (deferred and unbilled)
- Ensure proper controls and sign off on all relevant deliverables
- Prepare quarterly and annual audit schedules
- Quarterly 10Q reporting requirements
- Conduct annual Relative Standalone Sale Price (RSSP) review
- Process improvement
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Accounting degree, CPA equivalent
- Knowledge of Revenue Recognition Accounting policies under either IFRS or US GAAP is a strong plus
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- SAP, Salesforce and / or RevPro experience
- Detail oriented and organised with ability to analyse high volume data and understand the big picture
- Very strong accounting skills
- Revenue recognition skills
- Fluent in English and Hungarian
- Excellent writing and communication skills
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.