Index Management Research Associate - Manila,
The MSCI Index Research team is responsible for the ongoing construction and management of all MSCI Factor, Thematic, Capped, Custom and ESG Indexes. The team is currently based in Geneva, Mumbai, New York, Hong Kong and Manila.
The team is responsible for constructing, managing and enhancing the MSCI Factor, Thematic, Capped and ESG Indexes including:
- Monitoring developments in the investment management process globally, including new trends and styles in portfolio management, investment styles and asset allocation
- Researching and recommending methodology enhancements in close consultation with leading investment management firms
- Constructing and rebalancing the indexes in accordance with the index methodology
Scope of Responsibility:
- Index construction and maintenance for the various MSCI Factor, Thematic, Capped, Custom and ESG Indexes including the quarterly and semi-annual rebalancing of indexes, the analysis and recommendation of securities for index additions and/or deletions
- Detailed understanding of the index rebalancing framework and capabilities, in order to support the development and maintenance of custom indexes
- Monitor developments in the investment management process and evaluate the continued relevance of the MSCI index methodologies in line with trends in investment styles
- Recommend methodology enhancements in close consultation with clients and investment managers
- Prepare and present various index methodological reports to the equity decision committees, participate in product enhancement and product development efforts
- Understanding of equity analysis and equity investment process, familiarity with Institutional Investment Practices and Buy Side Portfolio Management concepts
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint knowledge. Good knowledge of VBA is a plus. Knowledge of Matlab/SQL preferred.
- Familiar with investment research and data vendors (e.g., Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset, risk and portfolio management systems)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in finance, econometrics or science/engineering field
- CFA/FRM is an advantage
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.