Capital Markets Operations Sr. Specialist - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Responsible for a team of Data Operations analysts supporting Real Estate Investment Products.
- We are looking for highly a hands-on Team Leader to assist the Service Delivery Manager in the setup and management of IPD’s Real Estate Service Delivery team in Mumbai.
- The team will manage the end-to-end data functions, product generation and associated client interactions for the IPD suite of products. Initially, the role will closely support the UK and Ireland markets
- This person will assist the Manager in recruiting, organizing and training the rest of the Service Delivery team.
- The will be responsible for end-to-end management of data collation, loading and quality checks, reporting and analysis and product delivery for a set of clients. Also, the person would have primary responsibility for client interactions associated with delivery of the products for those clients.
- The role would involve working in the UK / Central European timings to achieve close integration and coordination with the UK teams.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Overall 7-10 years work experience, including at least 2-3 years’ experience of independently managing small teams.
- Prior understanding of Real Estate data such as Property Valuation, Tenancy details, corporate actions etc. and exposure to professional real estate management is preferred.
- Prior exposure to Indices and/ or Investment analytics products is desirable
- Strong process management skills and experience on process improvement projects
- Ability and willingness to ‘get hands dirty’ in the ground level processes
- Capable of training and mentoring relatively inexperienced analysts
- Highly proficient in MS Excel skills (required) and working knowledge of SQL skills (desirable)
- Strong sense of ownership and an execution driven culture.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to conceptualize and think creatively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Confident and self-assured
- Self-starter who is action and results orientated
- Must be attentive to detail, proactive and flexible
- Ability to effectively work with diverse cultures in a global team; sensitivity and appreciation for diverse cultural norms/styles
- Ability to articulate the substantive issues clearly and concisely to peers, senior management and clients
- Capable of contributing effectively in projects regardless of functional, geographic, and business lines
- Superior organizational, time management and team work skills
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.