Revenue Analyst - Budapest, 06
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Revenue Analyst is a member of our Core Finance team which resides in our Budapest office and reports to the senior finance managers in Budapest and New York. From reviewing sales contracts, through booking and reconciliations, to variance analysis and reporting, the Revenue Analyst manages and controls the entire revenue recognition process for our Index, Analytics and other products and ensures accuracy, timeliness, completeness and appropriateness of revenue accounting, in compliance with US GAAP.
- Review contracts and Sales Agreements and reconcile contract terms with records in SalesForce
- Communicate and coordinate with upstream business units to investigate any issues that impact revenue recognition
- Actively participate in month-end closing activities, including accrual calculation, deferred revenue amortization, manual adjustments, etc.
- Prepare revenue analysis (MoM, QoQ, actual vs. run rate, actual vs. projection, etc.)
- Prepare B/S accounts reconciliation
- Participate in enhancing the current ERP system and other ad hoc projects as required
- Bachelor degree in accounting / finance studies
- 1-3 years’ accounting / finance experience in multinational environment
- Strong accounting skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience in SAP, Oracle and other ERP systems preferred
- Detail oriented, organized and analytical thinking
- Strong work ethic and pro-active with ability to multi-tasking
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.