Senior Java Software Engineer - Berkeley, CA
We are seeking an outstanding Java or Scala back-end Software Engineer to join our Common Platform application development team. Candidate will have the opportunity to participate and learn development of distributed batch system, financial instrument analytics, caching, queueing, Web back-end security, remoting and many more.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- Lead the design, development, and timely delivery of Common Platform projects and features.
- Bring innovative software engineering expertise to enhance Common Platform performance, reliability, functional and load scalability.
- Collaborate with geographically distributed team of highly skilled and motivated individuals on implementation of platform and application tasks.
- Closely collaborate with Product Management, Quality Assurance, Data Operation and IT Infrastructure on all stages of software development life cycle.
- Actively participate in upcoming software integration across multiple software product units.
- 5+ years of hands-on programming experience in design and coding of commercial application using Java and Scala
- Have strong experience in end-to-end software development life cycle and post-launch production support.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have solid expertise with Java server side technologies J2EE such as Java Servlets, RMI, JMS and distributed batch processing systems.
- Have basic SQL and general knowledge of TCP/IP; troubleshooting skills.
- Must have extensive experience in java server-side development including multi-threading programming, messaging middleware, and service-oriented architecture.
- Have experience with Spring Framework – Dependency Injection, Remoting, and Messaging.
- Experience with iterative software development life-cycle methodologies and frameworks such as Agile, SCRUM, Test-Driven Development
- Desire to work as part of geographically distributed software development team.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, be a good team player.
- Demonstrate ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, multi-tasking development environment.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent; M.S. in Computer Science preferred.
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research.
Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research.
MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.