Internal Communications - New York, NY
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Global Head of Corporate Communications, and the Vice President of Internal Employee Communications will be responsible for developing and implementing the firm’s internal and executive communications strategy, effectively delivering key corporate, business and product level messages to its more than 3,000 employees across the globe. This is a new position based in New York City, with significant engagement across the global regions and markets where MSCI operates.
The role will primarily focus on employee and executive communications support at the corporate level, working closely with the Global Head of Corporate Communications and senior management, including the Global Head of Human Resources, CMO, CCO, COO and the CEO. This is a strategic position that will need to drive the reputation of MSCI internally, while ensuring that our corporate priorities and messages are closely aligned with our global employees to drive business growth.
The role will work closely with the Global Head of Corporate Communications to support this large and diverse business, ensuring consistent and appropriate corporate messaging across the firm. S/he will also need to build strong relationships with the Executive team and business unit heads working closely with them on any employee communications opportunities.
The Vice President of Internal Communications will also partner closely with other business and marketing leaders in Public Relations, Product, Research and Content to ensure our business strategy, transformation and change management programs, client case studies, products and research thought leadership are highly visible and understood within the organization.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to stand out and make their mark within our global organization from day one.
- Drives the creation and execution of a new internal communications function to deliver high-impact communications strategies to connect our global employee base to the business’ strategic priorities, drive active employee engagement and align with MSCI’s purpose and strategy
- Create and manage the internal communications message platform and editorial calendar for the executive team
- Foster a workplace that is committed to building MSCI’s brand and employee value proposition, supporting clients and growth, and inspiring trust and confidence in MSCI as an industry leader, client advocate and employer of choice
- Counsels, coaches and supports leaders and business partners globally.
- Helping leaders inspire their teams and manage change in the organization through compelling, strategic communications
- Provides a full range of communications support through effective, proactive relationship management, superior writing capabilities and strong project management.
- Advice on appropriate communications channels to maximize impact
Communications will include town halls, organizational announcements, internal news stories, executive speaking points and video scripts, delivered through a variety of vehicles and platforms.
- Plan and execute large face-to-face and virtual meetings like global town halls
- Thinks out-of-the-box on creative ways and new technologies (potentially including podcasts, video and apps), to excite, engage and inform employees across the globe
- Develop, implement, and continually assesses quantitative and qualitative metrics to monitor business impact of internal communications.
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to connect business objectives and communications strategies
- Experience in providing strategic communications counsel to senior executives
Proven experience in executive communications and high impact, large-scale change communications
- Passionate, self-starter with a drive for creativity, connection and culture and relationship building across all levels
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a passion for learning and innovating
Ability to function in a fast-paced global environment under pressure with tight deadlines
-Proven track record for strategic employee communications program planning, execution and measurement
-Able to distill complex issues and information into simple, clear communications
-Success in leading through influence, building alignment among diverse views and levels, and executing in a consensus oriented organization
-Outstanding written and verbal communications, across all media, and varied executive voices
Desired experience and qualifications:
-At least 10 years of professional experience in corporate communications, setting internal communications strategy and executing a full range of communications activities
-Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Journalism, English is preferred
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.