Corporate Governance Associate - Senior Associate
The Corporate Governance team is an integral part of MSCI’s ESG business. Members of this team are involved in the research of board structures, audit practices, executive remuneration,
Shareholder rights, ownership structures and other salient features, which are used to assess the health of the Corporate Governance structure of the companies covered by MSCI.
The Senior Associate role is responsible for the implementation and documentation of the team’s QA/QC processes and the team’s Corporate Governance Methodology.
The Senior Associate is also tasked to investigate and create recommendations on enhancements to the team’s productivity and efficiencies. In addition, this role is also expected to perform
QA/QC tasks for data processed by the team as well as other production requirements.
The Senior Associate role is responsible for:
- Implementing, documenting and suggesting improvements on the team’s QA and QC processes:
- Develop and maintain methodology and procedure manuals for data collection;
- Collect relevant metrics on timeliness, efficiency, quality, controls and other associated measures;
- Recommend opportunities to further improve product quality and operational efficiencies.
- Conducting quality assurance and quality control on processed information;
- Recommending improvements to the team’s data collection platform with the aim of increasing productivity and efficiencies and participating in necessary technical testing on suggested platform improvements;
- Reporting to senior management relevant metrics based on QA/QC processes, methodology changes, platform enhancements and other related tasks.
- Take on adhoc projects that may be assigned to the team from time to time.
- Good judgment in assessing available information and understanding the downstream effects of data decisions on final product outputs.
- Effectiveness in working with cross-functional & multi-national teams.
- Highly motivated, independent, results-oriented, and possesses a strong sense of ownership.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A minimum of 5 years in a relevant working experience in a high-quality and deadline-driven environment. Applicants with extensive experience in Corporate Governance will be prioritized.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Company Law, or similar field of study. A post-graduate degree is a plus.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.