Application Support - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The environment support engineer position is to work with various functional groups and manage our non-production environment in the software development cycle.
- Manage system and software configurations, and troubleshoot computing environment issues
- Manage hardware and software resources including coordinating maintenance and outages for development and test environments
- Troubleshoot and resolve environment outages and application stability issues
- Monitor performance of jobs that run within test environments, and work closely with developer/qa teams to identify issues and key areas for improvement and optimization
- Develop automation tools and scripts for systems maintenance and monitoring purposes
- Build and deploy software updates to various environments.
Desired experience and qualification:
- 1-3 years’ experience in systems administration or other similar technical experience
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Windows Administration
- Strong scripting skills in Shell, Ruby, Python, PowerShell or batch
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Good software management/development (Java, C++/C#, XML preferred)
- Database experience – Oracle/MSSQL skills
- Excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting skills, fast learner
- Ability to self-manage your own projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience or interest in Finance a plus
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Engineering or other similar concentration
- Master’s degree a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.