Market Risk Specialist - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Technical Sales Specialists (TSS) team contributes to the success of sales and associated revenue generation by generating and delivering analytical output during the benefits positioning stage of the sales cycle. The team focusses on functional positioning, product differentiation and a client driven pitch - a prerequisite to shorten the sales cycle and influence commercial negotiations.
The TSS team helps prospects solutions for investment problems with practical solutions that involve one or more MSCI products. The team also helps in upselling and cross-selling opportunities with existing clients
The Technical Sales Specialists take responsibility and ownership of the product evaluation phase of the sales process, and look to actively develop deep linkages with key personnel, and deliver service that is personalized, high quality, and strongly valued by the prospective clients and new clients. TSS help clients identify the best usage of our products within their investment and risk process(es) and business goals. TSS are rewarded by clients deciding to buy MSCI products and solutions.
They will have an impact as a product expert and most importantly as an industry expert that clients/prospects rely upon to get the most value out of MSCI products and services. The candidate will be responsible for pipeline of potential business, in a client facing role.
These responsibilities will include sharing best practices on risk management and portfolio construction, explaining complex analytics, and partnering with the sales and research teams to provide expertise in client engagements.
Successful candidates will have a thorough knowledge of multi-factor models, portfolio construction and optimization, highly quantitative skills, and experience in portfolio and risk management.
Successful candidates must also be adaptable and be capable of leading internal cross-functional teams to solve clients' problems and must be able to represent MSCI at all levels of client management; including client senior executives, portfolio managers, risk managers, traders, researchers, and IT staff.
This position is part of the larger Client Coverage organization responsible for reactive client support, proactive client support, technical client support, relationship management, and sales.
- Manage a portfolio of prospective clients with a focus on solutions for investment problems using MSCI products and services.
- Support the prospects through providing Best Practices guidance on portfolio construction and optimization, and risk management
- Own the potential client relationship and experience through frequent on-site visits and interaction
- Proactively engage the prospects to deepen the relationship across all levels of the client institution
- Work with other MSCI teams to ensure that all requests/inquiries are managed appropriately
- Training and educating prospects on MSCI portfolio management analytics applications and underlying models and methodologies
- Work closely with the sales team on potential up-sell opportunities.
- Keep the prospect informed of our product roadmap with a focus on the benefits of our product development to their business goals
- Proactively solicit and reflect the gaps between products and client needs to product management
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Very strong analytic and quantitative skills Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Client relationship management experience with a proven record of accomplishment and experience in the financial services industry
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- In depth experience working in portfolio construction and optimization, risk management, quantitative/proprietary trading, and/or quantitative research specifically in a portfolio management or risk management function
- Experience at a hedge fund, asset manager, bank, financial technology firm, or broker dealer a plus. Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work individually or within a team
- Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges, and who views teaching financial concepts an exciting challenge
- Bachelor's Degree required preferably with a finance/economics/mathematics/engineering/ quantitative background
- Master's Degree in a business or quantitative field preferred
- Professional qualifications such as CFA charter holder, FRM (Financial Risk Manager) a plus
- Experience with Barra risk models and application software a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.