Sr. Software Engineer in Test - Budapest, 06
MSCI is seeking an outstanding software engineer to join our Functional QA team in Budapest. As a key member of this team, the candidate will work closely with the global teams based in Berkeley, Budapest, Mumbai and New York City to ensure that MSCI risk applications continue to provide clients exceptional quality and sophistication. The candidate is expected to be detail oriented and capable of performing multi-task assignments in a timely and independent fashion.
The candidate will work on innovative applications utilizing the latest technologies, and will be responsible for ensuring that product specifications and functionality fulfill client needs. The individual is expected to create tests, setup regression automation, and execute functional tests for risk applications. The candidate should be highly motivated, have strong communications skills, and the ability to learn quickly.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
The Software Engineer is Test will be responsible for developing & executing functional tests as well as implementing automated tests for Strategic Platform - our Analytic -based investment risk and performance attribution platform. QA Engineers combine their knowledge of testing complex software applications with their understanding of financial instruments, markets and risk. Tests are automated via a variety of tools in a JavaFX-centric environment.
The QA Engineer will be given increasing responsibility for aspects of Quality Assurance in the ProjectONe systems. Duties will include:
- Implement, maintain and run automated and manual tests
- Own and expand an automation suite written in Java using Web Services
- Analyze requirements specifications for impact on the existing system as well as for gaps, testability, and applicability to stated use cases
- Create and review test plans for coverage, efficiency, and efficacy
- Amplify the effectiveness of local and global peers
- Document and communicate findings for further action
- Identify and diagnose issues quickly and accurately for impact on customer and the whole system
- In addition, the role requires extensive coordination with QA, Development, and Product Management staff in our other development centers.
- Test experience with financial software
- 5-8 years overall Software QA and test automation experience
- Proven experience with test frameworks written in Java. C# programming experience also desirable.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of finance including equity and fixed income, financial data, and financial topics and the interest to learn such topics is desiredExperience with the Selenium, TestFX, TestComplete test framework
- Experience with the core concepts of functional programming
- Platform skills: Linux.
- Tools: Gradle, Stash, JIRA
- Education: BS in Computer Science /Math/Statistics/Finance or a related field. Prefer Master's degree.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.