Risk Analytics Production Analyst (Fixed Income/Multi - Asset Class)
The analytics data production team is a part of MSCI’s Technology and Data Services organization (TDS). The team's goal is centered on providing high quality derived risk data and service to MSCI clients. In addition to baseline operations, this team is responsible for market data, factor model and infrastructure projects.
In this role, analysts work closely with the other team members and business units to produce and deliver high quality value-added risk model and performance attribution content, together with other financial data, to our customers. The candidate will be asked to define and drive end-to-end solutions ranging from vendor data to model production and product usage. Data projects will cut across all asset classes including equities, fixed income and alternatives.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- Periodically update and conduct extensive quality assurance to our financial databases
- Perform analysis on the valuation of tradable market securities (Bonds, Equities, ETFs, Mutual Funds, etc)
- Provide our clients with the derived financial data they use to manage risk
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with emphasis on quality and accuracy
- Assist our Sales and Client Relations Group in resolving client inquiries related to our content
- Work closely with our global data update teams and global data vendors
- Good understanding of capital markets, risk management and financial data
- Experience in querying relational databases (Oracle or MS SQL)
- Strong Excel skills and understanding of VBA, Linux/UNIX will be a plus
- Knowledge of market data vendors, e.g. Reuters a plus
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a result oriented, team-driven and global organization
- Commitment to improving the business and customer experience
- Ability to work flexible and extended hours
- 2-4 years of professional work experience (relevant internships will also be acknowledged)
- Bachelors’ degree in Applied Math, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or its equivalent (has good quantitative background)
- Graduate or currently taking graduate studies (i.e. MBA, MS Finance) is an advantage.
- Either completed or studying for a Finance-related professional qualification (e.g. CFA, FRM) is an advantage.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.