Fixed Income/Multi - Asset Analyst
The Production Analytics team is part of the Data Content Service. The production analytic team’s goal is centered on providing high quality derived risk data and service to MSCI clients. In addition to baseline operations, this team is responsible for data, model and infrastructure projects. These projects typically have the need to define end-to-end solutions from vendor data through the model and product usage and cut across all asset classes including equities, fixed income and alternative asset classes.
• Provide our clients with the financial market data they use to manage risk. Periodically update and conduct extensive quality assurance on our financial databases. Perform analysis on the valuation of market securities: stocks, bonds, mutual funds, structured tools, etc
• Work closely with our global data update teams and global data vendors.
• Gain intimate knowledge of our risk products such as BarraOne. Understand the user case scenarios from an investment manager’s perspective.
• Performing data analysis on the valuation of tradable market securities (bonds, equities, Mutual Funds, ETFs, etc).
• Advanced Excel User (functions, vlookup, etc)
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written (interviews will be dominantly conducted in English).
• Finance, Economics, Engineering or Math background with strong academic performance.
• Ability to articulate complicated financial concepts or risk methodologies verbally and in writing to senior management.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight, short-term deadlines.
• Basic understanding of SQL queries and/or relative database (such as MS Access)
• A self-starter and highly motivated, ability to work individually and within a team.
• Understanding of international financial institutions and global financial markets.
• Ability to work efficiently with diverse cultures on a global team.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.