Data IT Developer Support - Monterrey, NLE
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
This role is responsible for support of running process, development support, and project work in the Americas Time zone. Work to be coordinated with teams in the EMEA and APAC regions.
- Development and maintenance of software designed to load source price data and build analytical derived datasets.
- Ownership of automated processing that facilitates content generation in DataMetrics.
- Support and maintenance of current production systems. Note that DataMetrics implements off-hours support windows (weekday evenings until midnight) and occasionally on weekends for planned system maintenance.
- In collaboration with other developers and client-facing DataMetrics management, understand the content, format, and production requirements for delivery of market data timeseries datasets.
- Interaction and coordination with both Database Administration Group and Corporate level technology group to facilitate performance optimization and systems administration.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related Sciences/Technology field
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- Programming Languages: Knowledge of Perl 5.8 or better
- 4-6 years of experience and solid knowledge of Perl DBD packages and object oriented Perl programming
- 2-4 years of experience in C/C++
- Familiarity with Oracle 10g or better: OTL, Pro*C, SQL*Net, Bash, Java, Python
- Basic Linux Systems Administration Skills: Primary environment RHEL. Candidates should be comfortable at the command line
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent project management skills and attention to deadlines and commitments
- Background in CA Autosys Job Management framework a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.