Accounts Receivable Collections Associate - Shanghai,
We are looking for an AR-Collections Associate. This person should be organized and motivated team player who will work closely with our billing, sales ops and coverage teams to collect on past due invoices and assist in other functions of the AR team.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- Reviewing past due accounts regarding the assigned business/region, following the standard collections process to initiate follow ups and continue contacting customers for past due receivables until collections are received.
- Document all follow ups within CRM system, Salesforce and Excel
- Work with sales coverage team, sales operations team and billing team to resolve billing, tax or other issues
- Partner with legal team to prepare and execute termination letters for delinquent customers
- Review collections workflow on a monthly basis to determine accounts for bad debt reserve
- Assist in resolving allocations of unapplied client funds through follow up with various internal and external parties
Specific Knowledge and skills:
- Fluency in English and Mandarin (Korean would be advantageous as well)
- Good writing and communication skills in both languages
- College degree is required; Accounting, Finance or Business Degree preferred
- At least two years of experience working in a finance department which should include previous experience in an accounts receivable or accounts payable department is a plus
- Excel knowledge is a must; Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to work with multiple team members in finance in different locations as well as sales coverage team
- Experience in SAP
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.